21 REASONS TO LOVE YOUR HAIR
Have you ever felt so unapologetically comfortable in your own skin that you wanted to shout it from the mountain top? The amount of time I wasted letting society define my own standards of beauty is comical. Like, roll of the floor and back comical. So, when I tell you how freeing it is to no longer seek out that validation, y’all would swear I’ve caught the Holy Ghost!
When someone asks me if I have the urge to grow my hair back, I always remember how gratifying it felt sitting in that barbershop getting my hair buzzed for the very first time. And I always find it interesting when folks are surprised by my disposition. But then again, we do live in a world where some people will always associate a woman’s hair with her beauty. Still, there are so many ways to love your fabulously unique self without the chatter of others in your ear. Let’s celebrate that sense of independence with a compilation of '21 Reasons to Love Your Hair' – defined by YOU, of course! And to keep the party going, I encourage you to share your affirmations in the comments below.
21 Reasons to Love Your Hair
1. My hair is my crown and glory.
2. Shampoo your hair like nobody’s watching. Love your hair like it’s never been tangled. Sing when you’re fresh out of the salon. Let your hair down and live.
3. My hair doesn’t define my beauty, but I love that it’s a conversation starter!
4. A great hairstylist is a sheer delight.
5. My kinks and coils are Gods way of telling me that I’m beautiful.
6. Wear your heels high, and your hair even higher.
7. Life is too short to have boring hair.
8. Happiness is gorgeous, healthy hair.
9. These gray hairs on my head are wisdom highlights.
10. Be You. Be. Fierce. Be Beautiful.
11. Natural hair means not living a lye
12. A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life
13. I’m beautiful in my way, because God makes no mistakes
14. I didn’t go natural; I decided to cherish what I’ve been given
15. Happiness is a good hair day
16. Stick with the man who stuck by you when your hair wasn’t done. That’s true love
17. May your 'fro grow and your skin glow
18. I got 99 bobby pins, but I can’t find 1
19. Good hair does not stay home on a Friday Night
20. I love my hair because it’s a reflection of me
21. I embrace the hair that God has given me