5 GYM BAG BEAUTY ESSENTIALS
I hate working out y’all, but I do understand that it’s very necessary to maintain a healthy and happy lifestyle. And since I’ve already started bitching, let me go ahead andsay that I also hate packing a separate makeup bag to take to the gym. I mean, there’s absolutely no way of avoiding it, unless of course you don’t wear any.
The point is that no one wants to walk around looking like a bag lady, am I right? But since it’s a part of the process, I’ve compiled a list of must havesto make the process of packing easier and less miserable.
- Makeup Wipes: One of my colleagues told me the other day that she works out with her makeup on. I judged her immediately. Not only is it the number 1 cardinal sin of skincare, but there are so many products on the market nowadays that require little effort to use. So c’mon, peeps – throw a bag of makeup wipes in your gym bag, and keep it moving.
- Facial Cleanser: Contrary to popular belief, you should wash your face after every workout, even if you used makeup remover / wipes. So much sweat, dirt and debris can get trapped in your pores, then y’all wonder why you start breaking out. Just wash your face, honey, and avoid all the drama.
- Hydrating Mist: Instead of a full-blown moisturizer, I like to spritz my face with a hydrating mist after a workout. It’s lightweight, refreshing and it keeps your pores clear. My absolute favorite is the one from Juice Beauty. Learn more about it here.
- Lip Gloss: I know I’m not the only woman who doesn’t want to leave the gym looking tore up from the floor up, so I suggest using a hint of gloss, balm, or lip tint to avoid looking like a haggard mess.
- Water Bottle: It may sound silly, but I always see a ton of people at the gym without water – including myself when I don’t prep my bag like I’m supposed to. Of course if you’re not motivated, you can either stay dehydrated, which is awful for your skin, or you can always get your drink on at the public water fountain…
Of course pack your comb, brush, deodorant and whatever else you need to look and feel your best after you get it all in. Feel free to add to the list, and let me know some of the beauty essentials in your gym bag.
Have a great workout, y’all!